- Instructor: admin
- Duration: 10 weeks
Soldier Tradesmen Course Coaching
Each unit and Headquarters (HQ) of the Army is self contained in maintaining itself in all respects. It is like a society which is fully self sustaining and not dependent on outside help. Each unit has a strength of 600-1000 personnel who live within a compound and get all support from within that compound/society. Thus each unit has its own cook house, stores, living quarters and lines, offices, vehicles and equipment. There is thus a requirement of a lot of support staff to run various institutes and to maintain the unit area.
1. Chef. The troops have to be fed. Each unit has its own cook houses. Food has to be provided to troops three times a day apart form other requirements. We thus require qualified, dedicated cooks who have an aptitude for cooking.
2. Dresser. Being a self sustained society each unit has its own barber shops and barbers who maintain the upkeep of the troops.
3. Animal Store Holders. Units with mules and dogs have equipment and rations as per their specific requirements. There are harnesses and clothing for the animals, medicines, rations(hay), etc. These are stored till they are required to be used. The stores are required to be maintained in a serviceable condition. We thus require candidates who will be Store Holders and will assist in maintaining all this equipment and stores for animals in a serviceable condition.
4. Ferrier. The mules require special care. They have to have their hoofs maintained. Shoes have to be put and maintained. We require candidates who are conversant with this work.
5. Steward. Each unit has its own Officers Mess which caters for the food requirements of the officers especially in field areas. We require dedicated staff who can assist in the Mess and serve food to the officers in a hygienic and pleasant manner.
6. Artisan (Wood). The Army needs candidates who have the knowledge and expertise to work as carpenters. Candidates with ITI qualification or traditional knowledge are preferred.
7. Artisan (Painter). A lot of equipment has to maintained and marked / numbered as per specifications. Candidates with painting skills and expertise are required for the job.
8. Artisan (Tailor). Each unit has 600-1000 troops. Their uniforms are required to be maintained to high standards. Normal wear and tear has to be repaired. Candidates with traditional skills or ITI training are required for the job.
9. Artisan (Metallurgy). Candidates with traditional skills or with qualification from ITI are required to work as blacksmiths.
10. Musician. The army units have their Military Bands consisting mainly of Drums, Trumpets and Pipes. Candidates with knowledge of reading music, traditional knowledge or liking for music and /or training in music may apply for the same.
11. Equipment Repairer. The shoes and equipment of troops have to be maintained in serviceable condition especially in field areas where there is no outside support. Cobblers are required to repair shoes and other canvas/leather equipment. Candidates with traditional skills or training are required for the job.
12. Kennel Man. The army has its own specialist dogs for guard duties/sniffers and trackers. We require dedicated candidates who love dogs to work as their handlers and look after them.
13. Washer Man. The uniforms of troops and officers have to be maintained to a high standard. We require candidates with traditional skills and / or training/experience to serve as washermans.
14. Mess Keeper. Each unit has an Officers Mess. Personnel are required to assist the cook in his daily tasks and to clean the utensils and kitchen everyday. Candidates keen on a ‘Masalchis’ job can apply.
15. House Keeper. The unit area, lines, toilets, offices, roads have to be cleaned and maintained everyday. We require dedicated candidates with knowledge and skills for the job.
Indian Army Tradesman Eligibility Criteria 2022 :—
Indian Army Tradesman Age Limit, height, chest, weight, educational qualification, physical test, running time Duty work, and salary updated for candidates who are interested in this particular trade of the Indian Army.
Every Indian Army lover has a dream of one day joining the force and certainly has a special place for it in their heart. Thus with this dream, a huge number of candidates apply for the recruitment that is organized by the Indian Army over different Indian state and union territories.
Indian Army is one of the most respected military components and is the 3rd largest army in the world. The foundation of the Indian Army dates back to 15th August 1947 when India achieved victory for its longest national struggle for independence.
Since then the first line of defense of India has been the Indian Army engaging in numerous conflicts post-independence. However, during these conflicts, the Indian Army always became victorious, hence regarded as one of the decorated forces among all other Indian military components.
The Indian Army is also the largest among the 3 major components of the entire Indian Military. Thus, every individual who joins the Indian Army earns the respect of the entire country for laying their lives in the line for the safety of millions.
So further on we will discuss the Indian Army Tradesman which is an important trade and is among those trades for which frequent recruitment is organized.
Indian Army Clerk Eligibility :—
Indian Army Tradesman Bharti 2022 :—
Individuals who decide to join the Indian Army as a Tradesman serviceman can apply for Tradesman Army Bharti Rally 2022 which is administered by the Indian Army to fill the vacant positions.
Indian Army is one of the service providers and many individuals have been able to secure their career through recruitment organized by the Indian Army recruiting board. Mainly due to the fact that it is a government service which is an ideal choice for many government job seekers.
Although the recruitment is conducted for different trades eligible candidates can apply for the Tradesman trade during Open Army Bharti Rally. The recruitment is conducted according to the official proceedings.
Therefore, the candidates who are willing to join the Indian Army Tradesman post should wait for the official announcements. Soon the Indian Army Tradesman Recruitment 2022 is said to be organized.
Every individual who is interested and eligible for this trade is advised to stay in touch with our website for more updates.
Indian Army Tradesman Work :—
Each trade of the Indian Army is responsible for fulfilling normal duties that allow a unit as it depends upon its numerous servicemen of a different trade. Now in terms of Indian Army Tradesman wok, the duty varies.
There are different posts under the Tradesman cadre which are Chef, Dresser, Animal Store Holder, Ferrier, Steward, Artisan (wood, painter, tailor, metallurgy), Musician, Equipment Repairer, Kennel man, Washerman, Mess Keeper, House Keeper.
Due to the difference in-between these posts the general duty differs accordingly, however the duties for these posts of two separate categories in terms of Indian Army Tradesman duty requisites.
1. General Duty
2. Special Duty
Indian Army GD Height
Indian Army Soldier Tradesman Eligibility Criteria 2022 :—
Before the recruitment begins the candidates are required to register and in order to do so the applicants should first check the Indian Army Tradesman qualification for age, educational qualification, height chest, weight.
It is mandatory to fulfill these requisites as per the norms, so aspirants who are unable to qualify under these criteria are not eligible for the trade. Thus to know the full eligibility criteria is necessary.
Indian Army Tradesman Age Limit 2022 :—
Only those applicants will be eligible who are within the Indian Army Tradesman age limit as given below.
18 years to 23 years ( maximum).
Indian Army Tradesman Educational Qualification :—
Indian Army Tradesman qualification in case of the educational background requires the individuals to have the following educational qualification.
8th Passed from a recognized education board.
Indian Army Tradesman Physical Qualification/Test :—
Applicants who are within the age limit and possess the required educational qualification will then reach the physical qualification test or commonly known as the physical standard test.
During this test, there is a crucial physical standard that is evaluated by the authority for the selection of the candidates. Only those individuals with proper physical standards are selected.
The Indian Army Tradesman’s physical details concern height, chest, weight of the candidates.
NOTE: These physical standards may vary among the candidates due to the certain relaxation that is provided to candidates depending upon the regions.
Indian Army Tradesman Height :—
In terms of many physical standards the board measures the height of the applicant, so as per the requirement the Indian Army Tradesman height has been set :-
160 cms to 166 cms.
Indian Army Tradesman Weight:
The weight of the candidate is yet another important standard that should be proportional to the height and age of the candidate which has to be between:
Minimum 48 kg to 50 kg.
Indian Army Tradesman Chest:
The candidates should also have a proper chest build chest because it is an important factor that determines the overall physical standard. The Indian army Tradesman chest measures between.
77 cm ( minimum) with at least 5 cm of expansion.
Indian Army Tradesman Selection Process:
Selected candidates reach a certain point where they will have to face the selection process for further selection as the recruitment continues. There are different rounds at this stage of recruitment.
Most individuals who are certain of their eligibility prepare for this particular process because it is an important stage and is really tough to pass.
According to the selection norms, the candidates must pass each round of this stage in order to proceed forward to the next round until the final selection is made.
1. Physical Fitness Test
2. Physical Measurement Test
3. Document Verification
4. Medical Test
5. Written Exam
Stage 1 – Physical Fitness Test
The first round of the process is yet another physical test that is of different nature compared to the previous one. This test is completely focused upon the physical fitness of each candidate.
Fitness is an important requirement when we told about the Indian Army, so in this test, individuals are selected on the basis of their physical fitness. To complete the test the following tasks are given to every individual.
1. 1.6 Km Running
3. Zig-Zag Balance
4. 9 Fit Ditch Jump
1. 1.6 Running:-
|Upto 5 Mins 30 Secs||Group I||60 Marks|
|From 5 Mins 31 Secs to 5 Mins to 45 Secs.||Group II||48 Marks|
|After 5 Mins 45 Secs.||Fail||Fail|
|10 and above||40 Marks|
3. Zig-Zag Balance: Qualify
4. 9 Fit Ditch Jump:- Qualify
Stage 2 – Physical Measurement Test
|Soldier GD||169 Cms||77-82 Cms||50 Kg|
|Soldier Clerk/SKT||162 Cms||77-82 Cms||50 Kg|
|Soldier Technical||169 Cms||77-82 Cms||50 Kg|
|Nursing Assistant||169 Cms||77-82 Cms||50 Kg|
|Soldier Tradesman||169 Cms||77-82 Cms||50 Kg|
|NOTE||Please check your state or district rally notification pdf for final details about the Height, weight and chest.|
Relaxation In Physical Standards :
|Physical Standards||Height (Cms)||Chest (Cms)||Weight (Kgs)|
|Sons of Servicemen(SOS) / Ex-Servicemen (SOEX)/ War Widows(SOWW) / Widows of Ex-Servicemen.||2||1||2|
|Adopted son / son–in–law of a War Widow, if she has no son including a legally adopted son of Serving Soldier / Ex-Servicemen||2||1||2|
|Sportsmen who have represented National / State level having secured 1st / 2nd Position in last two years.||2||3||5|
|Sportsman who have represented india at international level or state at national Level.||2||3||5|
Stage 3 – Medical Test
To ensure medical stability and proper health the candidates who pass their physical then as to appear for the medical test. The medical test is conducted by the Military Medical Corps. authority according to the official protocol.
To pass this sensitive test the candidates should have a proper medical condition such as clean eye vision (6/6), proper dental health, mental health, normal hearing ability, and free from diseases.
Stage 4 – Written Exam
The individuals who are medically fit are selected for the final written exam of the selection process. The written exam is going to be a tough one for candidates because to pass these tests they should be well prepared.
The written exam is based upon the syllabus and the exam pattern that has been prepared for the Tradesman written exam. So the candidates should prepare according to this syllabus.
The final selection of the candidates is completed when the Indian Army Tradesman merit list is declared by the recruiting board.
Indian Army Tradesman Salary:
Those individuals who are looking for details of Indian Army Soldier Tradesman salary, allowances & perks can find that information that has been provided in the following content of this section.
As we all know that the Indian Army does not only offer an ideal service for a secure life but these benefits come along with the monthly payment that is provided to each and every serviceman in return for their unquestionable services.
Similarly, the individuals who are able to join the Indian Army as a Tradesman will be provided with the monthly salary according to their category of duty given below
Indian Army Tradesman Salary: Rs. 18,000 (SD) & Rs. 19,000 (GD).
Grade Pay: Rs.1,800.
Military Service Pay: Rs. 2,000.
Indian Army Tradesman Allowances & Perks:
These allowances and perks are the benefits offered by the force depending upon various factors as per the demand of the service. The following benefits are valid for the servicemen and their family members.
- High Altitude Allowances.
- Dearness Allowances.
- Transport Allowances.
- Canteen Facilities.
- Leave Facilities.
- Medical Facilities.
- House Rent Allowances.
- Special Allowances.
- Educational Compensation for children.
Since this article is focused upon Indian Army Tradesman eligibility criteria details and covers age limit, education requirement, height, chest, weight, selection process, etc. We hope that an interested candidate is able to get the necessary input and approach the recruitment accordingly.
For more details on Indian Army recruitment, the schedule required qualification for different trades is available on our official join Indian army website, so individuals are welcome to visit the site.